Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

purging Guest Endpoints when using hotspot portal

Hi,

I am using hotspot portal for guest access with just AUP accept, i have my guest endpoint identity group set to purge everyday at 1:00 AM (elapsed days greater than 1) my aim to get the guests just one day access and to be purge after a day while still using hotspot portal.

My question is, an endpoint that is created at 1:01 AM will not be purged the next day at 1:00 AM as the elapsed days is not yet 1 day and the endpoint will end up getting access more than a day.

is there a work around for this situation?

Thanks

2 Replies 2

Hi Mounica

I think the endpoint is just taking slightly more than a day (maybe few minutes for ISE processing and COA) until the elapsed timer triggers and Hotspot portal issues a Termination CoA to the WLC and terminate the Client.

I'm not sure what Cisco ISE version are running at your side but in Cisco ISE 2.3 There is an authorization condition that can be used to check the last AUP acceptance hours that maybe useful for you though I haven't tested it.

AUP.png

Hi Mohammed,

I am using 2.3 as well, so what you meant to say is, i should write a condition which says the endpoints in my endpoint guest identity group whose AUP hours are greater than 24 hours should get a terminate COA?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: