cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

"network condition" in Device Admin Policy Sets

zhiqiang.yan
Level 1
Level 1

When I am creating the "Authorization Policy" rule in "Device Admin Policy Sets", I can see the "network condition" in the "authorization Conditions" and I can select one of them. but then, after I click "Done" and "Save" it, it disappears in the rule. is this supposed to be?

I am now apply the "network condition" to a "authorization condition" then use it into a Authorization policy rule, that works. but I am just not able to directly use a "network condition" in a policy rule.

Thanks,

Ryan 

5 Replies 5

Ben Walters
Level 3
Level 3

I am guessing your ISE version is 2.3? It seems that when editing policy sets if you use the save button it creates a library condition based on what you configured, if you wanted to directly use a set of conditions you created instead of creating a library policy for it you should be able to click the Use button at the very bottom of the Conditions Studio window.  

that is to use authorization conditions, that works for me, I can select existing authorization condition or to create a new authorzation in the rule setting.

what I am questioning is, in the same rule setting, if I "Select existing condition from library" and I pick up one "network condition"it won't work. 

BTW, I am using 2.2. 

Are you able to include screen shots of the rule you are trying to create and show where it is failing?

It might give me or someone else on here a better idea of what you are trying to accomplish.

This is what I am doing.

I create a rule call "Read Only", click the "select condition", then I can see "network condition", if I select one of them, then click "Done" and Save the policy update. The "network condition" I selected will disappear. It seems to me the "select conditions" is only to "authorization simple/compound condition".

[cid:image001.png@01D38AF6.B2D99C30]

Are you experiencing this issue?

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd14926/?rfs=qvred

What patch version are you running?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: