cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Remote Agent Upgradition

vishweswaran
Level 1
Level 1

We have to migrate ACS version from  4.2.0.124.16 to 4.2.1.15.8.The same way we have Remote Agent 4.2.0.124.14 to 4.2.1.15.8(hopefully the both ACS and RA should be running on same version).

What is the procedure to upgrade RA on Win 2003...?(Backup file while migration)

Do we have to uninstall before proceeding..?

ini and config provider file consideration ..?

Restoring ...?

Anyone's quick help on this would be helpful...

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you need to uninstall the previous RA installation before upgradeing it to  4.2.1.15.8

I have seen issues with patch 8, sometimes it create issues with ACS services. I'd suggest you to apply that.

We don't need to take backup of .ini file. While installing RA, it would prompt you to enter the IP address of your primary ACS SE.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you need to uninstall the previous RA installation before upgradeing it to  4.2.1.15.8

I have seen issues with patch 8, sometimes it create issues with ACS services. I'd suggest you to apply that.

We don't need to take backup of .ini file. While installing RA, it would prompt you to enter the IP address of your primary ACS SE.

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

~Jatin

jkatyal wrote:

Regards,

Jatin

Do rate helpful posts-

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your reply

For this migration (details in previous question) first i need to install Remote-Agent-ACSse-win-v4.2.1.15-K9.zip and then applying patch Acs-4.2.1.15.8-RA.zip directly right  ..? And also if we give uninstall for old RA 4.2.0.124.16 it will erase all the files including the logs right ..?For that any complete backup required ..?Total file size is 16 GB ...!!!

Thanks in advance ...

Message was edited by: vishweswaran K

Please apply it directly Acs-4.2.1.15.8-RA.zip.

Regards,

Jatin

~Jatin

But it doesnt have "setup.exe" and it only contains CSAgent.exe and CSWinAgent.exe...? (we need to uninstall the old version right )

Thanks in advance ..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: