Views
Helpful
Replies

Renewing Self Signed Certificate on IPN Nodes 1.2

MANSOORQ123
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team

I have just upgraded the ISE infrastructure to 1.2, IPN nodes have also been upgraded, a default self signed certificate is generated, which is for a validity of 90 days.

on my ISE main units, i have self signed certificates with 2048 Modulas and SHA1-256 hash, validity = 12 years.

1:  I want to generate self signed certificate on IPN with the same specifications.

how it can be achieved, is it through "pep certificate server add" ?

IPN2/admin# pep certificate server add
Server Certificate change will result in application restart. Proceed? (y/n): y
Bind the certificate to private key made by last certificate signing request? (y/n):

but as such i am not generating any CSR, because we do not have any CA in our deployment.

Thanks

Ahad Samir

6 Replies 6

MANSOORQ123
Level 1
Level 1

Above requirement is necessary because we don't have an Enterprise CA in our Deployment. We have to rely on self Signed certificates.

Further Self Signed certificates should be valid for a long period so that no communication issue happens, 

Please read "Guidelines for Configuring Certificates for Inline Posture " from

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-1/user_guide/ise11_user_guide/ise_ipep_deploy.html

Hi Mansoor,

I have this same issue renewing self-signed certificate of IPN node, did you find the solution?

Thanks,

Mario Falcao

Hi Mario

unfortunately no solution was found, i could not contact TAC because of service contract issues.

Hi Mansoor,

I already opened a TAC case and there is no way to renew self-signed certificate for a period greater than 90 days and that's why Cisco recommends to use CA signed certificate.

So currently you are renewing the self-signed certificate of your IPN node every 90 days?

Really Amazed, that no one has faced this basic requirement, seems need to open TAC Case now.