Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Secure ACS 5.1 Users disabled intermittently

Hi all,

We're running Cisco Secure ACS V5.1 on a Linux platform to manage remote access to many networking devices. This has not been in place long, and is generally working OK. However, whenever I set the parameters of the user authentication to 'disable user account after X days if password was not changed', so as to comply with our internal security regulations, the user IDs seem to disable themselves intermittently, irrespective of whatever number of days I put in this - this can be a couple of days after re-enabling, or just a few minutes. It varies. 

This can be found in the advanced tab here:

System Administration > Users > Authentication Settings

In the mean time, we are having to set the user authentication to be non-expiry. Is this a known fault with this version of software? If so, would there be a patch available, and how would I go about obtaining it?

Cheers,

Steve                 

1 Reply 1

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

This does look like the following CDETS that was fixed in patch 5.1.0.44.4 (4th cumulative patch for ACS 5.1)

CSCti93393 Accounts created to expire beyond 24 days are disabled

Patches can be downloaded from CCO

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: