Views
Helpful
Replies

Service Selection Rule for accounting request - ACS 5.2 patch 5

rottenberg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there possibility to define service selection rule to match just an accounting request (start/stop)? I tried to use compound condition, but there is no attribute (like Acct-Status-Type or RADIUS packet type code 4) which would allow me to do it. I also do not understand why Acct-Status-Type can not be used for this purpose, when this attribute is defined in RADIUS dictionary.

Any replies are highly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

ZR

1 Reply 1

Federico Lovison
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ZR,

The Service Selection policy (as well as the linked Access Services) are used for Authentication and Authorization.

There's not such a rule for Accounting data.

In any case, why would you need a service selection rule for Accounting traffic?

ACS receives the Accounting traffic from the AAA client and you will find just this info on the ACS View (Monitoring and Reporting), both in terms of RADIUS Accounting and Session Directory Reports.

This is independent from the Auth and Authz handling.

The only exception that comes to my mind about accounting, is when you use a RADIUS Proxy Access Service, where you can define whether the Accounting for these proxied sessions would be local and/or remote:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.2/user/guide/access_policies.html#wp1103212

I hope this answers your question.

Regards,

Federico

--

If this answers your question please mark the question as "answered" and rate it, so other users can easily find it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: