cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SFTP Backup issueise 2.2 patch 13

craiglebutt
Level 4
Level 4

Current operational backups are just under 2.4Gb.

These are sent by sftp to a windows server using SolarWinds free sftp server.

Backup are failing, out of the 2.4Gb only 1Gb is being transferred, every time run the backup it is exactly 1,045,152Mb

When I run a FTP to my laptop using FileZilla, no issues, backups all the time.

When I use the same SolarWinds SFTP it is only backing up 2,090.336Mb

Only bugs can see are to do not enough space on the repository 75%, but is plenty  of space

The business wants these to be transferred sftp for security.

Has any else seen this, if so what did you do to rectify?

3 Replies 3

Damien Miller
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Since if works fine on your laptop using filezilla (this is my preferred server too ), it would lead me to believe it's a Solarwinds problem. A quick search of the solarwinds community has a bunch of threads where people ran in to similar issues, only part of the file gets copied.

Yip it's not an ISE issue.  I have customers that back up 2.5GiB quite regularly.  It does pain me though to think that the bulk of that backup file does not contain anything useful at all.  If you examine the contents you'll mostly find junk files and logs.  The actual configuration files are tiny by comparison.  I have ranted about this before but seems nothing gets done about it.

Instead of SolarWinds, why not deploy a free CentOS server and use its sftpd process? Works all the time.

I saw a "bug" in the bug tracker that mentioned logs shouldn't be included in the config backup. If you get bored you can search for it. I think it was filed under an enhancement....of course!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: