Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple Web Auth policy and simple posture assessment policy in ISE

James Smith
Level 1
Level 1

G'day All,

I've just finished reading through the Cisco BYOD with ISE document and it's left me a little more confused than when I started.

I completely understand the onboarding process and the different policy elements that make up the self registration/onboarding configuration.

What I'd like to do is put together an ISE configuration that is a lot simpler for the BYOD user.

Is anyone able to advise if it is possible to have a single dot1x SSID with ISE that has a policy for Window Laptops using AD authentication for the user and Posture assessment and a policy for all smart devices (iOS and Android) that is just AD authentication of the user, without the need for device registration?

The target user demographic for my deployment are really not technical so having to go through the onboarding process, especially for the Android devices, with the pre-installation of the cisco app, etc, really isn't what they are looking for.

Huge thanks for any assistance.

Cheers,

JS

1 Reply 1

Eduardo Aliaga
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, that's possible. But without "device registration" then you need to configure Wireless 802.1x manually in every Android device.

Please rate if that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: