Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping update in ACS 5.1

Stefan Bischoff
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I tried to update my ACS 5.1 appliance. I applied patch 5.1.0.44.3 and made an big mistake: I booted the server due to the fact that it was not reachable after one hour after appplying the patch. Now the server shows following message, when I try to apply other patches:

Can not process requested software update operation since this ACS Instance currently has a software update inprogress.

My question: Is it possible to stop the upfate process and apply the other updates or is it possible to revert this update to go back to the previous patch level. For information: the appliance shows only the patches 5.1.0.44.1 and 5.1.44.0.2 installed.

With kind regards

Stefan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I do think the update is in fact in process but is just displayed as such in the GUI. There shoud eb an option in teh GUII to cancel the update (do not remember where sorry) and remove this status

Recommend installing the patch from the CLI and avoid these issues

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

I do think the update is in fact in process but is just displayed as such in the GUI. There shoud eb an option in teh GUII to cancel the update (do not remember where sorry) and remove this status

Recommend installing the patch from the CLI and avoid these issues

Thanks for your answer. I will look around to find this button and keep you informed about the update progress.

With kind regards

Stefan

I found the button very deeply hidden under "System Administration >... > Operations >Distributed System Management >Edit:" pressed it and stopped the update process. I started a new update process which succeeded. Thanks for your hint updating via command line. I will do this with the next updates.

With kind regards

Stefan