cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Strip multiple @domain used in username on AD Integration with Cisco ISE?

kmittal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there ,

How to strip multiple domain suffixes from username through ISE with AD being used as external Identity Source. Username is being used in username@domain format.

Cisco ISE 1.2 patch 4 introduced strip prefix or suffix @domain realm from username through ISE with AD being used as external Identity Source. But the documentation is not updated for this feature. I am able to strip 1 domain suffix successfully but subsequent ones listed in the suffix list fails to get stripped.

Any thoughts on the same.

Thanks Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the ISE Under Administration > Identity Management > External Identity Sources

Choose Active Directory on the Left, Select your AD Server and select Advanced Settings

Under Identity Suffix Strip, Make sure Strip prefixes listed below: is selected (I know, it says prefix).

In the List of Suffixes box, enter your list of domain suffixes to strip.  The separating character is a comma (,). 

If this doesn't fix your issue, then I am afraid that a call to TAC may be in order.

*****UPDATE*****

Spaces are significant characters.  When listing domains, do so as such:

@domain.com,@domain.local,@testdomain.com

*****END UPDATE*****

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Message was edited by: Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the ISE Under Administration > Identity Management > External Identity Sources

Choose Active Directory on the Left, Select your AD Server and select Advanced Settings

Under Identity Suffix Strip, Make sure Strip prefixes listed below: is selected (I know, it says prefix).

In the List of Suffixes box, enter your list of domain suffixes to strip.  The separating character is a comma (,). 

If this doesn't fix your issue, then I am afraid that a call to TAC may be in order.

*****UPDATE*****

Spaces are significant characters.  When listing domains, do so as such:

@domain.com,@domain.local,@testdomain.com

*****END UPDATE*****

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Message was edited by: Charles Moreton

Thanks Charles, It worked.

Very glad to hear that it worked.