Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to reset ASC 5.7 administrator CLI Password

Vic de
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Can someone please advise me on the following....

I need to reset the administrator CLI password on an ACS 5.7 system runnning on a Cisco 1121.

I have gone through the process of booting it from the recovery CD but when you get to the option of resetting the Admin password, I get the following error:

Failed to find ADE-OS startup configuration

Unable to proceed with password recovery

Exiting password utility

Can someone please advise as to how to fix this as we desperately need to get in to the CLI to change the IP address.

Many Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I would suggest trying to install the ADE-OS software again and / or do an upgrade to the latest maintenance release.  And then try the password reset again.

Otherwise I would suggest opening a case with TAC.

--

Please remember to select a correct answer and rate helpful posts

--

View solution in original post

Rather confused by this email title and hello message. I assuming you’re talking about Cisco ISE?

Yes you will need to have your license and config saved off

Backup information here
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_01011.html

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Is the ACS installed on a virtual machine?

if so you could try changing the SCSI controller of the VMWare from Paravirtual to Logic Parallel or vice versa.

--

--

Hi,

The system is 1121 Cisco ACS hardware so not Vmware.

Thanks

I would suggest trying to install the ADE-OS software again and / or do an upgrade to the latest maintenance release.  And then try the password reset again.

Otherwise I would suggest opening a case with TAC.

--

--

Sorry but I don't have Smartnet Support or I would have contacted TAC.

I don't want to reload the unit from scratch or else I would lose the license information and I'm unsure as to how to save it from the existing install and reinstall it.

I am also unable to install the latest patches as I have no access to the CLI interface due to the password issue.

Then I would suggest contacting your local Cisco reseller and ask them to open a TAC case for you.

--

--

Hi Vic de Silva,

Were you able to resolve this issue. I am also facing the same problem. We have three appliances in sync. i tried on two units, both were showing the same issue. i am trying to use 5.8 CD to recover. Please let know if you were able to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Arjun

Hi,

I solved it by having to reload the box from scratch.

Nothing else would work for me.

Got it working. I used the 5.8 dvd to follow the same procedure and it worked.

Thanks and regards,

Arjun T P

Hi Vic de Silva,

Were you able to resolve this issue. I am also facing the same problem. We have three appliances in sync. i tried on two units, both were showing the same issue. i am trying to use 5.8 CD to recover. Please let know if you were able to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Arjun

Hi Dic De,

will installation from starting, will erase all the configuration and license??

thanks

Rather confused by this email title and hello message. I assuming you’re talking about Cisco ISE?

Yes you will need to have your license and config saved off

Backup information here
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_22/b_ise_admin_guide_22_chapter_01011.html

I want to reset admin password of Cisco ACS 1121. But I am getting error. So can I reinstall the ADOS? Reinstallation will impact our existing configuration??

this product is EOL/EOS would recommend moving to ISE. I would assume reinstalling an OS would wipe it out. I know ISE has a password recovery option in the ISO