cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to upload patch to Cisco ACS 5.2 appliance

Mike Campbell
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to upload the 5-2-0-26-4.tar.gpg patch to our ACS and so far have been unsucessfull. I keep getting the "please verify the patch bundle is valid".

When I download the 5-2-0-26-4.tar.gpg file, for some reason the download always comes down from Cisco as 5-2-0-26-4.tar.tar. I've renambed the file to 5-2-0-26-4.tar.gpg and verified the MD5.

What am I doing wrong here ?

1 Reply 1

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mike,

Can you verify that extensions of the file type isnt hidden? When you issue a show repostory ftp (assuming) you are using ftp does the patch actually show up as .tar.gpg or does it show up as tar.gpg.tar or something different?

Also if you are using tftp patch installs will not work, ftp is your best option when installing a patch.

If you need help displaying the extension for well known file types in windows follow this link:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/visio-help/view-all-hidden-file-types-and-file-name-extensions-HP005195524.aspx

Thanks,

Tarik

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: