Views
Helpful
Replies

Unstable ACS and AD connectivity when client connecting to wireless

mjmontemayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have ACS 5.3 associated with Windows 2008 R2 Active Directory. I have no issue in associating both services, but when the client is trying to connect to the wireless network, the ACS connectivity with the AD flapped when I tried to ping the AD server while connecting to the wireless. It just keep prompting the credentials to connect to the wireless but no success. Base on the logs from the ACS, the Active Directory is unreacheable. I did the test connectivity from the ACS, it says connection test was succeeded. The connectivity issues only occurs when users trying to connect to newly setup wireless nertwork. We have another set up with same configuration but using ACS 5.1, which is currently on production network with no issue encountered.

Did anyone encountered this issues? Please help.

regards,
MiKe       

regards, MiKe
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes there are a few bugs that are mentioned in the release notes -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html#wp223113

However I recommend you upgrade to the latest patch, the release notes will have steps on how to install the patch as well.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Check the acs release notes patch 3 included some major bug fixes. Are you running any patches on your acs?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

mjmontemayor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am running out of the box OS. I have not apply any patches yet. Is this a known issues in 5.3? Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

regards, MiKe

Yes there are a few bugs that are mentioned in the release notes -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html#wp223113

However I recommend you upgrade to the latest patch, the release notes will have steps on how to install the patch as well.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Sorry for the late response. I did the installation of patch and it works.

Thanks for your help.

regards, MiKe
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: