Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade the ACS agent OS

dpatkins
Level 1
Level 1

Good morning all,

Awhile ago, we started using ACS with an LDAP external database thus elimating the need for an ACS agent.  However, we have created some custom scripts that incorporate some logging from the ACS agent. So although we started sendign log files to a Advent Syslog server, we need to send them to a windows file that will put them in the old .csv format.

Here is my questions:

Can I upgrade the OS on Cisco Remote Agent from a Windows 2000 to Windows XP or Windows 2003 server?  And how do I configure it to strictly dump log files to it?

Thank you

Dwane

2 Replies 2

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

Hi Dwane,

We cannot install Remote agent on XP so we need to use win2003 OS. Here is the link that explains about setting up remote logging.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_solution_engine/4.0/user/guide/r.html#wp601043

Let me know if you have any question.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Hi Jagdeep,

I do have some more questions about this.  Can we virtualize this remote logging server with a VM running Windows 2003?  Also, does the REmote Agent NEED to be on the server or is there a way we can just point the ACS to this remote logging device?  And does the remote device need to be part of the Network devices assigned on the ACS Appliance?

Thank you

DWane

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: