Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN o365 MFA authntictaion with Cisco ISE

munish.dhiman1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Looking for help for the below scenario. 

We have a Cisco ISE setup to authenticate VPN users and trying to do compliance check with Posture assessment. Based on the posture status VPN user will receive an authorization profile.  We also want to do the o365 MFA for VPN users. 

1. Is it supported by Cisco ISE? if yes how can we achieve the same?

2. Is my understanding correct on , Cisco ISE will not check the posture until the radius session is being maintained on ISE. Means without sending the authentication request to ISE, posture, and Enforcement is not possible?

3. What is the best way to achieve the MFA with ISE for VPN users/

Thanks a lot in Advance.

Regards,

MD

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 & 3: I would suggest to configure it for SAML auth with the ASA as the SP. See AnyConnect: Azure AD SAML SSO - Cisco Community and then configure ASA to perform authorize-only to ISE

If using RADIUS, Azure is no longer supporting on-prem MFA server so you would need NPS. Deploy cloud-based MFA

2: You are correct on this.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

1 & 3: I would suggest to configure it for SAML auth with the ASA as the SP. See AnyConnect: Azure AD SAML SSO - Cisco Community and then configure ASA to perform authorize-only to ISE

If using RADIUS, Azure is no longer supporting on-prem MFA server so you would need NPS. Deploy cloud-based MFA

2: You are correct on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: