cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC wireless CWA support

jeff.heim
Level 1
Level 1

I am working on an ISE demo with version 1.1.2 and vWLC 7.3.101.0 code and am configuring wireless CWA.  I get the following error message: Cannot enable MAC filtering and other Layer2 Security with RADIUS NAC.

Does anyone know if wireless CWA is supported on the Virtual WLC platform?  I know it is supported on the 25/55xx controllers as of 7.2 code.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is your Layer 2 security set to "none" and the mac filtering box checked? You are not using psk or anything else correct?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jeff,

You can not combine mac filtering with dot1x on the SSID. You will have to use 2 seperate SSIDs, one with mac filtering and the other with dot1x.

Also you will need to open a tac case since the vlan assignment is not working on the published code releases, i ran into this a few weeks back and the bug id is - CSCua58554

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

My primary issue is with the error message: Cannot enable MAC filtering and other Layer2 Security with RADIUS NAC.

This has nothing to do with 802.1X and is supported on the 5508 7.2 code.  This is how you configure Wireless MAB/CWA on the WLC for instance.

Is your Layer 2 security set to "none" and the mac filtering box checked? You are not using psk or anything else correct?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Yes, I had WPA2 enabled and overlooked it.  I also didn't read the error message and your original suggestion close enough.

Thanks for pointing that out, I'm sure I would have seen it eventually.