Helpful
Replies

web admin password recovery for nac server applicance 3355

sam-lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

What is the procedure for

web admin password recovery for nac server applicance 3355?

14 Replies 14

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You will have to ssh into the cli and run the "service perfigo config" one of the last steps is to set the web admin password.

Please be careful and type no for all other changes such has certificates and time configs (their default is set the change to yes).

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi,

Is it possible to console to the cli and run "service perfigo config"? then after that is it will prompt me to enter for new web admin password?

Yes that will be fine, however you will need the account credentials if you know them (keep in mind the username is root).

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Here is the script documented noted for the CAS -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/installation_guide/hardware/48/hi_instal.html#wp1103266

Note step 26...

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi,

Thank for the info, when i enter"service perfigo config", it will prompt me to enter all the information again from step 7, or just directly to step 26?

It will ask for everything starting with the ip address all the way down. Just confirm the settings you want to keep, but be sure you dont get tricked like a lot of us when it comes to time and certificate (you are not asked to confirm but asked to change so if you hit yes it will change those entries). Just take your time and dont rush and you wil be good.

thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi,

i try to perform password recovery with "service perfigo login" but get error?What it means by this error?

[root@CAS-16 ~]#service perfigo login
Usage: /etc/init.d/perfigo {start|stop|restart|reboot|time|config|maintenance} - restart only available in standalone mode

You are using the wrong command, you need to use "service perfigo config".

Let me know if you need help with anything else.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

service perfigo config

Out of interest, does this command ask you to reset the shared secret between CAS & CAM?

Yes it does

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Someting else I forgot to mention with perfigo config, when you get to the shared secret q, do you have to enter the current secret password or can you say no and skip this point.......reason..... I'm finding it hard to track down the current shared secret password and just want to change the admin password at this stage.

Hi,

You can hit no and continue on, much like you do for the time settings and certificate settings.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

You can also just reset the application ISE password which will reset the admin password for the Web without going through the whole process. You need to access the CLI either console or SSH and use the below command.

application reset-passwd ise admin

Just re-read the post and realized you were doing this for NAC not ISE. Disregard earlier post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: