cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

why connection related to R1 rule hits VPN rule and vice versa , we still using ISE 2.1

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hello guys

pls find attacment

I am confused , why connection related to R1 rule hits VPN rule and connection related to VPN Rule hits R1 Rule , we still using ISE 2.1

pls help me out

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, add a new condition to the authorisation rules to make them unique.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

The screenshot of the VPN rule implies there is an AND but there appears to be nothing there.

Add another condition to match against, to make the each of the rules more specific to the device making the connection. E.g Radius:NAS-Port-Type EQUALS Virtual AND Radius:NAS-IP-Address EQUALS x.x.x.x

You could also use Policy Sets and make the condition specifc to the type of connection etc.

Hello RJI

in the Authentication policy do i need also NAS address , NAS is configured for the same rule but in the Authorization policy

Thanks

Hi,

I would use policy sets for each autentication type, e.g VPN, Wired 802.1x, Wired MAB etc. Use NAS IP address or Device Type as the condition on the policy set. For example, in doing so, Wired 802.1x authentications would never originate from the NAS IP address of the VPN device, therefore never process that VPN policy set.

Ultimately you need to make the rules more specific, using other conditions in the policy.

HTH

Hi

do u mean another NAS IP Address also for Authentication policy AND for Authorization policy ????

thanks

Yes, add a new condition to the authorisation rules to make them unique.