Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows 8 and 10 authentication failed

Hi,

I have authentication problem with windows 8 and 10 clients in ISE 2.2.

Windows 8 and windows 10 clients can not have access to the network at the first authentication. We must lockout and unlock to have access to the network. I used external identity store which is Active Directory.

I have made ISE 2.2 downgrade to ISE 2.1 and ISE 2.2 upgrade to ISE 2.3, but I am still have the same issue.  I have contacted tac but they told me it is a windows issue but I am not sure about it because wiindows 8 and 10 clients works in other offices.

Please can you help me?

Best Regards,

Aristide AKAFFOU

22 Replies 22

Hello Aristide,

Have you fixed your issue?

I am facing same issue in client environment, we are not using certificate base auth, using dot1x auth from AD only.

Thanks

Kamlesh

Hello kamlenegi,

I have fixed this issue. I have just reconfigured windows supplicant for windows 10.

Just uncheck " Enable single sign on for this network" on the supplicant configuration.

You have to disable port security on the switch too, if it is enable.

Best Regards,

Aristide

Hello Aristide,

This is for wired system, what would be the win 10 supplicant setting for wireless dot1x ssid.

Thanks

Kamlesh

- Sure ! This is a must as RJI relies ; note also however that this also applies to the complete authenticationg infrastructure (from switch -> ise -> identity store).. They all must have a correct timezone and  working NTP setup.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

thanks marce,

It's work very fine for windows 7 without this changes. Ok I understand i will do the modifications and I will back to you.

Hi all,

I have resolved the issue

Firstly I have configured native supplicant profile on cisco ISE. 

Secondly, I uncheck "Enable single sign-on for this network" in the supplicant windows configuration. Finally all is work fine now.

Best Regards,

Aristide AKAFFOU

Hi

Please tell me how can I use the native profile on ISE for win10 suplicant ?

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I highly recommend that you review the steps and configurations in our ISE Wired Access Deployment Guide . There is a specific section for Configuring Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X Devices for 802.1X