cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Working Firefox/Chrome/Flash combinations with ISE 2.2 Troubleshooting TCP Dump?

cnegrete
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone.

I know there are issues with the TCP Dump section of the troubleshooting menu in ISE 2.2, specially with Flash. I've been trying several Firefox and Chrome versions with no avail.

I'd like to know if any of you guys know of a combination of browser/flash version that do work for the TCP Dump application on ISE 2.2.

Yes, I know it's old, but ISE 2.2 is the version we're working on and we need the TCP Dump to work. If any of you have a combination of OS/Browser version/Flash version that works, please do tell me and I'll try my best to replicate it.

I've already tried Firefox 56, 50 and 46 with the latest Flash, Flash 11 and Flash 20, and every single combination yields in a blank space where the TCP Dump application should appear.

Thanks for your time.

7 Replies 7

dacabrer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Is ISE giving you the error #2032? If that's the case, the bug (CSCuv28369) was solved in patch 6. 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-2/release_notes/ise22_rn.html

Best regards,

-dacabrer

Where should the error #2032 appear? I only see a blank space where the tcp dump flash should be:

Screen Shot 2018-05-22 at 4.38.09 PM.png

You have not authorized the Flash plugin.  See that little icon on the top left of the URL bar?  Looks like a Lego brick.  Click that icon and follow the prompts.

Flash sucks.

ISE 2.4 is the first release to have no reliance on Flash.  Good riddance.

It's authorized (allowed), I check that every single time I enter the page :)

AlexPi
Level 1
Level 1

At 2.3 TcpDump does not use Flash and apparently in 2.4 no components use Flash.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------

Yes, I know 2.3 and 2.4 are better at this, but the customer has 2.2 and we need these tests on 2.2. Upgrading could give us some other problems that we don't even want to mix in the equation.

Thanks

I think you are hitting this bug: TCPDUMP tool on ISE gives error #2032 when accessing through GUI 

Even though you are not getting the error.

------------------------------------------------------------------
If this was helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking on the star icon below.
-------------------------------------