cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

STACKING SWITCHES

STACKING SWITCHES

The project was simple, stack many switches on rack, however, what is the maximum number of racks units with a default stack cable?

We have seen 6 rack units are the maximum, but it is too tight, so I think the maximum actually should be only 5 rack units.

this picture has 6 units racks

IMG_2019(2) - copia.jpeg

0 Helpful
Comments

deploying a chassy will be easier than managing 16 devices stack...

cost ?

mmm. thats kind of thing to think

I dont have this written but previous project I developed with Cisco , they recommend maximum 4 switches per stack. It makes much sense for me for two reason: 

Cable lengh

Vlan domain size:  4 switch represents around 250 ports and this is the size of one vlan /24. One IP per device. More or less.  /24 is a very good size for a broadcast domain. 

Create Project
Welcome

The Project Gallery is a place for Cisco customers and partners to share stories about their technology projects.

Use the comment section to ask a question, make a suggestion or just say well done. If you like a project, thank the author by clicking the Helpful button at the end of the post!

Did you complete a deployment recently? Share your great work with fellow community members! No project is too big or too small. Click "Create Project" above to post your own project.

Top Experts
Last 6 Months