cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

STACKING SWITCHES

STACKING SWITCHES

The project was simple, stack many switches on rack, however, what is the maximum number of racks units with a default stack cable?

We have seen 6 rack units are the maximum, but it is too tight, so I think the maximum actually should be only 5 rack units.

this picture has 6 units racks

IMG_2019(2) - copia.jpeg

0 Helpful
Comments

if the question stacking cable, you need to get maximum cable length that is 3 meter ?

I would be very careful deploying a stacking cable that way.  

I had a stack master crash (6 x 9300) after one of the stacking cables became lose.  

IOS-XE stacked switches suffer from several memory-leak bug with the stack-mgr daemon.  

If we order stacking cables, it will always be 1 metre. 

normally stack can go up to 8 switches. if you making big stacks, make sure to get stack cables with enough length. you need 3m cable for patch 1st and last of stack

Officially, 9300/9300L/9300X can support up to 8 switches in a stack.  

Unofficially, it can support up to 16 switches in a stack.

sure , what a night mare to manage 16switches.

had hardest time with 8 stack 3750 replace and split them to 4 moving forward Cat 9K

Create Project
Welcome

The Project Gallery is a place for Cisco customers and partners to share stories about their technology projects.

Use the comment section to ask a question, make a suggestion or just say well done. If you like a project, thank the author by clicking the Helpful button at the end of the post!

Did you complete a deployment recently? Share your great work with fellow community members! No project is too big or too small. Click "Create Project" above to post your own project.

Top Experts
Last 6 Months