Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

MSTP Problems - Help is needed

nunocosta75
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm running a full redundat layer 2 network in our datacenter with MSTP but im facing some problems and i cant find the resolution for them, so if anyone can help me i will be very apretiated.

My network topology consists in two cisco 3750 in the core/distribution layer that are running MSTP and HSRP and all switchs in the network (mixed environment with Cisco and Procurve) connects to both Cisco 3750. I will attach a picture with the network topology.

Regarding to the spanning tree i have two instances, and for instance 1 router 1 is the root and for instance2 routrr 2 is th root.

The network is working good but the big problem is when i do the show spanningtree command it apears that every switchs are ignoring the spanning tree priorities and they assume they are the root of the two instances, so every switch in the network see's himself as the root of both instances.

I dont know what i'm doing wrong, so if anyone could help me it will be great.

PS: im posting the configuration of the two core switchs/routers and one edge switch, in this case the edge switch is a Cisco 3560.

Best regards,

Nuno costa.

Who Me Too'd this topic