cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SPA3102 does not detect disconnect tone when call was originated from PSTN!!!

sabah1000
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I updated my SPA3102 to firmware 5.1.7( GW), I read that 5.1.10 has a bug related to disconnect tone detection.

I have the PSTN port connected to the analogue line (FXS) of a Siemens Gigaset SX353 phone.

The LINE port is connected to telephone set.

Detect Disconnect tone is Enabled

The Disconnect tone script is : 425@-30,425@-30;2(0.5/0.5/1+2)

{I have recorded the disconnect tone and figured out the frequency and duration using wavesurfer program}

The SPA3102 has successfully registered each port to a different SIP ID into my Trixbox IP-PBX.

When I make a call from the telephone set that is connected to the LINE port of the SPA3102  to the PSTN port, I get the dial tone generated from the Siemens Gigaset, I can then call an extension in the Gigaset and start a conversation.

When the called extension hangup, the Gigaset generate a "Disconnect tone" 425Hz with 50% duty one second cycle repeated ten times.

The SPA3102 detects this disconnect signal and terminates the call.

However, when I make a call from any Gigaset handset to the analogue Gigaset extension that is connected to the PSTN line of the SPA3102, I get the dial tone from the SPA-3102 and can dial any extension within my Trixbox IP-PBX, the call is made but when the caller hangs up first, the Gigaset send the same disconnect tone mentioned above but the PSTN line does not detect this and stays OFF HOOK for ever or until the called LINE hangs up!!!

As a work around, I used the Detect PSTN Long Silence feature. But I'd rather have the disconnect tone detection feature works as it is faster.

Has any one heard of such problem or know what is happening here?

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic