Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

How to empty the CUC badmail spool?

vihill
Level 1
Level 1

A route only routed on one side for a week and dropped the path from my Unity Connection 8.x server to my corporate SMTP relay. When this happened, mail to Exchange backed up until the problem was noticed and reported. While I was able to get that fixed quickly, there is still a pile of mail in the badmail queue and I've got no idea how to get rid of it.

syslog shows this:

%UC_UCEVNT-3-EvtMsgWarnErrorAlert: %[AppID=CuSysAgent][ClusterID=][NodeID=<snip>]: The periodic task com.cisco.unity.UmssSysAgentTasks.MonitorBadmailFolderTask generated either an error or warning alert. See https://<snip>/cuadmin/task-definition.do?op=readResults&objectId=c45173b9-85b5-4954-9404-a925856cf361&vmsServerObjectId=bad3d3da-2c52-4d62-a9be-eff36b7307e5 for more information.

When I look at that report, it tells me this:

The mta bad mail directory /var/opt/cisco/connection/spool/UmssMtaBadMail contains 74 files. If number of files in any bad-mail directory is not 0, determine why  delivery of these messages failed. RTMT/TCL may be used to view and  delete these files. There can be files in bad-mail directories if messages could not be  delivered due to following reasons: invalid sender, malformed messages,  or repeated SQL/SMTP server errors.

The smtp bad mail directory /var/opt/cisco/connection/smtp/default/badmail contains 0 files. If number of files in any bad-mail directory is not 0, determine why  delivery of these messages failed. RTMT/TCL may be used to view and  delete these files. There can be files in bad-mail directories if messages could not be  delivered due to following reasons: invalid sender, malformed messages,  or repeated SQL/SMTP server errors

How do I use RTMT to view and delete these files?

If I don't use RTMT, how do I delete the files and empty the queue?

Thanks,

Vic

Who Me Too'd this topic