cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end. Please try connecting to the remote computer again

net tech
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know if an RDP session over hardware VPN can be affected by the tunnel?

Network diagram is attached

If I try to RDP to a 2008 server on the 30.0 network from ANY (XP, VISTA, 7) client on the 20.0 network, my rdp session terminates with an error (Because of an error in data encryption, this session will end.  Please try connecting to the remote computer again), however if I try to RDP from the same client on the 20.0 network to a 2003 server running on the same ESXi, the problem does not exist.

Also if I poke a hole (TCP 3389) in RV042 and make 2008 server accessible over RDP from outside, I don’t have any problems connecting to the 2008 server even from the laptop that was getting disconnected over hardware VPN.

Any thoughts….

P.S Transferring large files in any direction (over 300Mb) is NOT a problem from any computer on the 20.0 network to a 2008 server on the 30.0 network . (using windows shares \\Server2008\Public)

Who Me Too'd this topic