cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

UCS Connectivity - Fiber channel or port channel?

shamg1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

1. We have set up 3 VSAN's for the customer here (100-102). Our design  has connectivity from the MDS 9148 to the Fabric Interconnect 6120's,  however they are not redundant connections (4 FC connections each).  Because of this, I created VSAN's 200-202 to go up the right hand side  connection (see visio, VSAN topology tab).  I did this b/c I read that  Cisco recommends that you use a different VSAN and a different FCoE VLAN  to keep your fabrics separated. Each of these VSAN's are mapped to FCoE  VLANS with the same ID #, and they are configured on our Ethernet  switches. Is this the proper way to have the VSAN's configured?

Or do I just create VSAN 100-102 on both sides? If there is a simpler way, let me know...

2. Between our FI's and our 9148's I have the following connectivity? On  the UCS we created a Fiber Channel with the 4 FC ports. On the MDS 9148  we created a port-channel with trunking on its 4 ports. Is this the  proper way to have these 2 connected? Should we be trunking? Everything  is up and up at 16Gbps on the UCS,  but from a design perspective, i'm  not sure if this is the way to do it? The reason I ask is b/c it seems  weird to have a port-channel connect to a fiber channel...

Thanks in advance for your input.

Bobby Grewal

Who Me Too'd this topic