cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SH IP ARP Incomplete

We went through a massive rewiring of a massive campus.  99% of the cabling had to be ripped out, and replaced.  We also replaced all of the data closet cabling.  Their data closets looked like some bad spaghetti.  Wires were so twisted that we couldn't make heads or tails.  We removed all of the cables, and started patching back to the switch, from the patch panel, with new wiring.  In doing so, we knocked out quite a few surveillance systems due to the fact that they have a security VLAN.  I know that most of the issues have to do with the ports not being VLAN'd, after our cabling.  Here's my question;  When you do a sh int arp, you see the layer 3 IP address. You also see an "incomplete" next to the IP address, instead of the layer 2 MAC address.  Is there any way, using the switch commands, that I can tell which switchport these systems are plugged into?  The problem is that most of these systems are exterior cameras that sit very high, on the buildings.  The only other way to figure out where they're plugged in would be to take my Fluke and tone them out.  That would require bringing in a lift.  Before I go down that route, I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions by using commands to take care of this.  Thanks for all of your help!

Who Me Too'd this topic