Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

FWSM maintenance mode - vlan 1

Mel Popple
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

A client has had their FWSM fail, when you try to start the module the switch eventually disables the power to that slot (%C6KPWR-SP-4-DISABLED: power to module in slot 4 set off (Module  Failed SCP dnld)). I have turned off diagnostics with 'no diagnostic boot level' and then use 'boot device module 4 cf:1' to bring the FWSM up into maintenance mode. I can then session up from the switch and log in to the FWSM as root.

After inputting all the necessary IP info I can't ping anything on vlan 1 as I would expect, I have set the FWSM as 192.168.1.2 and a FTP/TFTP server as 192.168.1.1

I have removed the firewall vlan groups and tried to put them back with just vlan 1 but this isn't accepted (the reasons are covered in other posts on the forum). What am I doing wrong as the instruction say that vlan 1 is the only vlan that is accessable whilst the FWSM is in maintenance mode.

I can create an int vlan 1 in the switch and ping my ftp server so know that the switchport is set up correctly, I can also see that Po308 is formed and when the module boots I can see the Gi4/xx interfaces come up (FWSM is in slot 4).

Any ideas of what to try next?

............and they aren't covered by maintenance agreements

FWSM

Maintenance image version: 2.1(4)

root@fwsm.localdomain#show images
Device name             Partition#              Image name
-----------             ----------               ----------
Compact flash(cf)       4                       c6svc-fwm-k9.3-1-4-0.bin

Switch

SWITCH# sh ver
Cisco IOS Software, s72033_rp Software (s72033_rp-ADVIPSERVICESK9_WAN-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2011 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Mon 18-Jul-11 05:49 by prod_rel_team

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(17r)SX7, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Regards

Mel

Who Me Too'd this topic