cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SIP Phone 3905: how to configure as independent device?

larmontphi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I'm a beginner in the World of Cisco, that's my question:

I bought a Cisco SIP Phone 3905 because I got a SIP account from my internet provider and I would use the Cisco SIP device to make/receive calls.

I need to use it into my home-network ( just one phone and nothing else), I don't need gateways or PBX, just i need to use it as independent device.

I experienced with other-brands sip-phone devices for configuration ( stun server, sip ID, sip account, password, proxy server, voice protocols and so on...) but now I'm in trouble to access the configuration panel fot this Cisco device.

I set the Cisco SIP phone 3905 in my network and it tooks an Ip address ( 192.168.X.Y) , so using a internet browser I accessed the device panel; but I didn't find any working field to fill ( blank fields where I can insert the configuration parameters, sip account, passwords, ....).

I guess something is wrong about the way I'm accessing the configuration.

Somewhere I read about I have prior to download a software called CALLMANAGER, and use that for configure devices: isn't it?

Shall I buy something else ( softwares or license) for configure my SIP Phone 3905?

Thank you in advance for who can kindly help me.

giuseppe

Who Me Too'd this topic