ASR 1001 software upgrade!!

Mohit Chauhan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi friends,

I am trying to upgrade the software on the ASR 1001 currently running

IOS XE Version: 03.06.00.S

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE

Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.2(2)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

I had downloaded the file

asr1001-universalk9.03.07.01.S.152-4.S1.bin

from the cisco website and uploaded on the router's bootflash.

Then I pointed the boot to this file by:

(conf t)# boot system flash asr1001-universalk9.03.07.01.S.152-4.S1.bin

also tried

(conf t)# boot system flash /asr1001-universalk9.03.07.01.S.152-4.S1.bin

but everytime it boots, it gives the following error while booting and finally boot up with the old image:

Initializing Hardware ...

Calculating the ROMMON CRC ... CRC is correct

System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE

Copyright (c) 1994-2010 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Current image running: Boot ROM1

Last reset cause: Watchdog/ICH

.............................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................

ASR1000-1RU platform with 8388608 Kbytes of main memory

..............................................................................................................................................................

.................................................................................................................................................................

..............................................................................................................................................................

............................................................................................................................................................

boot: unsupported boot device "/asr1001-universalk9.03.07.01.S.152-4.S1.bin"

...........................................................................................................................................................

autoboot: boot failed, restarting...

...................................................................................................................................................................

...........................................................................................................................................................

Initializing Hardware ...

Calculating the ROMMON CRC ... CRC is correct

System Bootstrap, Version 15.0(1r)S, RELEASE SOFTWARE

Copyright (c) 1994-2010 by cisco Systems, Inc.

Current image running: Boot ROM1

Last reset cause: Watchdog/ICH

ASR1000-1RU platform with 8388608 Kbytes of main memory

..........................................................................................................................................................

no valid BOOT image found

Final autoboot attempt from default boot device...

File size is 0x15af15c8

Located asr1001-universalk9.03.06.00.S.152-2.S.bin

Image size 363795912 inode num 12, bks cnt 88818 blk size 8*512

############################################################################################################################################################

What could be the issue? Any Suggestions? I was looking in the website but it is mostly talking about the ISSU related upgrade which in my case is not required as i dont need to do this on a production router and also i am not runnig in sso mode.

Cheers,

Mohit

Who Me Too'd this topic