Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV220W rebooting at random intervals

NeonNero1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Over the past few weeks, our RV220W router has been experiencing random reboots throughout the day, causing a network outage for our local network for the few minutes it takes for the router to start up again. We've seen it reboot at least 5 today alone (and the time is currently just a little over 1pm).

I'm having trouble finding the reason for these reboots in the router's logs, although I find these two lines repeating in the error log:

Mon Jan 28 13:20:52 2013(GMT+0100) [rv220w][System][EVTDSPTCH] umiIoctl (18, UMI_CMD_DB_UPDATE(4)) failed. table=dot11STA row=11

Mon Jan 28 13:20:52 2013(GMT+0100) [rv220w][System][PLATFORM] /pfrm2.0/bin/bwLimitConfig /tmp/system.db 18 dot11STA 11 failed. status=-1

I'm not sure why these messages pop up, since we're not using the bandwidth limiter module of the router (granted, we do use QoS profiles to ensure our own LAN is prioritized over the guest VLAN). I'm also not sure whether this is related to the router reboots.

I also find the following repeated line in the warning log:

Mon Jan 28 12:50:50 2013(GMT+0100) [rv220w][Kernel][KERNEL] ERROR:endChantRecv: protocol PNAC returned !OK

The router is currently running on firmware version 1.0.4.17 (latest official release), since we needed support for hairpin connections (as I found out in Public IP used internally on RV220W). I've seen the suggestion of downgrading to a previous firmware version in RV220W random reboots, which has possibly solved it for the poster in that thread, but as we really need the hairpinning support, I don't know which firmware version is safe enough to downgrade it to, if needed.

Any suggestions, either for a solution or what else to look for?

Who Me Too'd this topic