Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Cisco ASA 5505 - Dynamic and Static Internal hosts setup

GrahamB_SEMC
Level 1
Level 1

Hey everyone,

I'm working on setting up a template configuration for the Cisco ASA 5505 device that we'll use to configure more routers for various client needs. One of the requirements requested of me is the following:

Internal hosts assigned a DHCP address are blocked from the internet

Internal hosts with a static IP are permitted access to internet

All internal hosts can communicate regardless of state

Now, I'm fairly new to this and I'm certain my terminology isn't correct so googling the problem has been fruitless. I have followed basic configuration guides and have configured the device to hand out DHCP addresses to hosts plugged in ports 1-7. If I'm plugged in and specify my address manually in the OS I am blocked from any access so I can only assume there is an access policy or some rule preventing me from authenticating against the router despite having set up VLAN1 to be the entire class C subnet.

What sort of steps would I need to do to configure this? New access lists?

For the record, the dhcp addresses are in the range of 10.100.31.64-10.100.31.95. VPN users are assigned an address from 10.100.31.220-10.100.31.240 and there seems to be no issues with that configuraiton. I don't wish to constrain what addresses a user can use should they specify a static IP (10.100.31.5 should be just as valid as 10.100.31.100).

I appreciate any help or advice you can provide. If there are improvements or suggestions you have I'm happy to listen.

Who Me Too'd this topic