Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ISE 1.1.1 firewall rules distributed deployment

Stephen McBride
Level 1
Level 1

My question is in reference to the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/installation_guide/ise_app_e-ports.html

Basically I am struggling in some areas to work out my firewall rules for a distributed deployment. The referenced documentation is not entirely clear in my opinion. In some instances it is easy to work out what ports need to be opened eg Admin node TCP 22,80,443 for management from administrator hosts/ranges. In other instances it difficult to work out eg TCP 1521 Database listener and AQ is this for ISE nodes only or for access devices aswell

My question is whether there is a better document that details these requirements. What rules are meant to be ISE node - ISE node communications and which rules are for access device - ISE, or ISE - access device. One of the rules I am pretty confused about is the PSN CoA ports. SHould the rule be WLC - PSN on 1700 and 3799 or is it the otherway round or unidirectional?

I am pretty sure that the ports are meant to be ISE-ISE in most instances barring the PSN for Radius and CoA.

Who Me Too'd this topic