Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

CUCM - PBX Nortel Meridian 1 Integration

ERNESTO_VE
Level 1
Level 1

Technology: Voice - Communications Manager

Subtechnology: Communications Manager PSTN/PBX Inbound/outbound Call Failure across Cisco Gateway (H.323, MGCP, SIP)

Problem Code: Configuration Assistance

Software Version: Cisco Unified Communications Manager v.8.6.2.20000-2

Problem Details: Hi team.

I need support in the integration of a Communications Manager v.8.6 with a PBX Nortel Meridian 1.

The SIP Trunk was configured successfully between both devices. The calls on CUCM->PBX-Nortel direction are established perfectly.

The calls on PBX-Nortel->CUCM direction fail to establish and generates busy tone to caller.

The SIP Trunk configuration was performed according to the steps in the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns340/ns414/ns728/ns784/989942.pdf

The last step is to apply a recommended SIP Normalization Script and set the one in the paper.

With this configuration, the call behavior on the PBX-Nortel->CUCM is the same.

This SIP Normalization Script understand that it is for the CUCM can modify the "phone-context" and the parameters that are before or after the @ (as defined).

In our case [according the captures (.cap) attached] calls coming from the Nortel PBX adds the extension you are calling, followed by the @ + domain.

Obviously the CUCM not know that domain and does not allow the call is established. We think these instructions should be given in the SIP Normalization Script. I need support to learn if the script used is correct.

Thanks.

ErnestoG

Who Me Too'd this topic