cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SPA3102 - Problems with incoming calls on PSTN line - single call looks like multiple calls

talktalkt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I live in Portugal, and have a SPA3012 connected to a PSTN line of Portugal Telecom (via the FXO port), and a normal telephone connected to the SPA3102's FXS port. During an incoming call on the PSTN line, the phone rings and shows the caller ID correctly. However, after approx. 3 rings, the caller ID display disappears, and then shows again as "unknown number". The phone keeps ringing, but the phone thinks this is now a new call.

In other words, the single incoming call looks to the phone like 2 or 3 (or more, if I let it ring longer) separate calls, each of about 3 rings (the phone's log confirms this). The caller ID only is shown for the first one, the subsequent ones show up as "unknown" (which makes sense, since after the 3rd ring of course no new caller ID code was transmitted).

If I answer the call, most of the time it is OK (connection made), but if I answer just after the 3rd ring (or the 6th or 9th), then the SPA3102 will *not* answer the incoming call, but give me a VOIP dialtone for an outgoing call instead. So it seems that I am answering the call in the "break" between what the SPA3102 thinks are multiple incoming calls. If I just hang up (after getting the VOIP dialtone), the phone will then continue to ring.

I have tried this on different local PSTN lines (to make sure it's not a line problem), and also with different phones connected to the SPA3102 (to make sure it's not a phone issue).

So I think it must be a configuration problem of the SPA3102. I have configured it according to this guide from Portugal Telecom: Link

Any ideas what I might need to change to fix this?

Many thanks in advance!

Who Me Too'd this topic