Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Interconnecting MDS-9124 and MDS-9148

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I have two older MDS-9124s that we are replacing with MDS-9148 as part of an overall SAN upgrade. It is possible to simply interconnect one 9124 with one 9148 and basically make a stack as the first step to replacing the 9124? I am thining this would either create an ISL or I would need to create an ISL to get everythig sync and then just a simple matter of moving the server links from a 4G port on the 9124 to an 8G port on the 9148. Once completed I could then remove the 9124s. I am looking through CCO now for any information to see if this is do able. My concern is around issues such as they are different platforms and in compatable for this. Would something like this cause a reset or need a reset to take affect. Considering the fact that the 9124s are in production I do not want to make things worse.

I know my other option would be to simply pull the config from the old 9124 and appropiately place it on the 9148 but we are also going through a SAN migration as a part of this process and could temporarily use a few extra ports. I am just trying to avoid having to buy additional licenses and interfaces for something that it temporary.

Hope not too crazy as this is my first exposure to the MDS line....

Brent

Who Me Too'd this topic