Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

ASA 5510 / Aironet 1140 / Apple iDevices

ec-admin
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning

On Wednesday of last week, I upgraded to IOS version on my ASA 5510 to the latest version. Since this upgrade, I have been having issues with certain wifi clients (Apple iDevices) obtaining IP's via DHCP from the ASA. Nothing changed on the config of the WAP's and no software updates have been done on the Apple devices.

My setup is as follows:

4 Cisco Aironet 1142 WAP's connected to an HP Procurve switch (2626PWR) connected to interface ethernet0/2 on the ASA. DHCP on the wifi network is provided by the ASA.

I have tried:

1. Powercycling all connected equipment (AP's, ASA and switch)

2. Updating AP's to latest IOS

3. Deleting all network profiles and settings on Apple devices and restarted

4. Checking for errors on WAP's and ASA

I have opened a TAC case with Cisco but they have been unable to find the issue so far. This issue is only affecting the Apple devices. Windows laptops and Blackberry's receive an IP via DHCP from the ASA without error or issue.

Anyone got any thoughts or ideas? The devices associate with the AP but they do not receive an IP address from the ASA (when I check the console of the WAP, i see the MAC address of the device but it shows 0.0.0.0 for the IP). I may be wrong here but I would think that this has to be linked to the ASA upgrade since the issue started around the same time and nothing changed on the config of the WAP's.

Thanks

Simon

Who Me Too'd this topic