Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Camera Failures - CIVS-IPC-2621V

g.crowley
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I am running VSM 6.3.3 and have about 190 Cisco CIVS-IPC-2621V model cameras powered via POE on 2960, 3560, and 3750 series switches.  So far about 30 of them have failed; failure meaning the camera view goes black or becomes highly pixelated over time and eventually goes black.  When this happens the camera's web server is still up, can still login to web interface etc, but the camera's view is black.  Troubleshooting steps each time include resetting camera to factory defaults and updating to the latest firmware, V4.4.1-1 most recently with no effect.  During replacement, I noticed each time that the bad camera is very hot (almost too hot to hold).  I'm wondering if the fans inside these cameras are even running.  Also considered that maybe my config template did something to fan operation but so far I'm unable to find fan settings in the camera config.

Cisco TAC has been great about RMAing these cameras so far, but with this many cameras failing I’m wondering if this is preventable or if we have a bad batch of cameras in our inventory.  Has anyone here experienced similar issues?

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic