Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Nexus 7000 - BGP Configuration

Daniel Anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi - I've recently run in to a strange scenario having migrated some BGP peerings from a Cisco 6509 Switch on to a Nexus 7000. Scenario is as follows:

Nexus 7000 <L3> Cisco ASR (ASR is running 2 VRFs - VRF A and VRF B) - There are 2 BGP peerings on the 7K - Terminating on the ASR within different VRFs. Which are across 2 different Layer 3 connections.

The connectivity is as above, the ASR has multiple VRFs on which it is learning routes - Currently VRF A is learning a number of routes, for example - 192.168.1.0/24, 192.168.2.0/24 and 192.168.3.0/24 - These routes are being sent to the Nexus device and are visible within the BGP and routing tables as expected. Also, on the Nexus device, we have an aggregate address configured - 192.168.0.0/16 (Summary-Only is NOT configured on this aggregate statement). On the 2nd BGP peering on the Nexus 7000 towards VRF B, I'd expect to see the aggregate address, along with the more specific /24s networks being advertised outwards, however, all I see is the /16 aggregate address. When I run the command 'show ip bgp neigh *.*.*.*' I'm not seeing the more specific routes even being advertised.

Are there some configuration subtleties in place on the NX-OS when it comes to BGP that I may be unaware of - As I've mentioned previously, when this scenario was based on a 6509 running IOS12.2(33) having the multiple BGP peerings as per the above configuration, everything worked as expected. I've played around today with turning off dynamic capability on the 7000, but this has reaped no rewards as yet. I've also labbed this up within GNS3 (based on IOS) and it is also working as I'd expect.

Thoughts appreciated.

Thanks,

Dan

Who Me Too'd this topic