Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

problems with 3850

CrackedJack1
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a 3850 that seems to be misbehaving.

I'm running version 3.3.1 and short of trying to schedule a reload of the stack, I'm not sure what else I can do.

Right now I have three problems:

- NTP says it’s synced but time is almost a minute out of sync (saw a log message saying the 2nd switch in the stack had time running backwards as well). Other switches with the same ntp server seem to be fine.

- CPU is at 40% (caused by fed process) and there doesn’t seem to be a good reason why. Started about 2 months ago in the middle of the night. Have had a case open for a while with TAC but can't seem to find the cause (maybe this is the problem???: CSCuo14511)

- A bit of unicast flooding because the switch is not learning MAC addresses properly (this was the subject of another TAC case a few months back that I closed because the problem went away.) This time the problem was probably triggered by a loop on another switch in the network but after 2 weeks, I don’t see why the 3850 still isn’t working properly. I found this bug which is somewhat related, CSCuj51372, but I don't think that's quite the same thing as my issue since, according to what I can see in my network monitoring graphs, all ports got the spike in traffic. The workaround seems to "switchport block unicast". I see the traffic go way down on the port I tried it on. Not sure if that messes up anything else though.

If anyone has ideas on how to fix these issues, I'm open to suggestions otherwise I'll have to reload and cross my fingers.

Thanks

Who Me Too'd this topic