Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Forwarding Traffic onto MPLS TE Tunnels

Parves Ataev
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping that someone here is going to help me. I have a very simple topology, please see the diagram attached. I have LDP running and currently have pseudowire configured (on diagram marked as Pseudowire1) and no problems with it. So, now I have backup link between PE2 and P routers  and want to set up RSVP TE tunnel between my PE's  and map specific pseudowire to configured TE tunnel (on diagram marked as Pseudowire2). So, in the end i want my Pseudowire1 traffic over main link and Pseudowire2 traffic over backup link. So far I am able to setup bidirectional tunnels between PE routers but I am not sure how to direct the traffic over tunnel . I was able to find this document http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios/12_2sr/12_2sra/feature/guide/srtunsel.html but it for 7600 platform. Also I found out that it is possible to forward traffic by configuring one of these methods: Static Routing, Policy-Based Routing, Autoroute Announce, Forwarding Adjacency and Class-Based Forwarding.  I have Cisco 2921 router as PE’s and wondering what will be the best way of Forwarding Traffic onto MPLS TE Tunnel.

Please see the related config of my PE2 router:

ip explicit-path name Via_Backup_Link enable
 next-address 10.1.1.1

interface Tunnel10
 ip unnumbered Loopback777
 tunnel source Loopback777
 tunnel mode mpls traffic-eng
 tunnel destination 1.1.1.1
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 5 explicit name Via_Backup_Link
 tunnel mpls traffic-eng path-option 10 dynamic
 no routing dynamic

CE facing interface
interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1273
 description Customer2
 encapsulation dot1Q 1273
 xconnect 1.1.1.1 1273 encapsulation mpls

So, I have a figured out that I can forward traffic using Policy-Based Routing. Can you tell me if I configure something like below that it is going to do the trick:

route-map Customer2 permit 10
match interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1273
set interface Tunnel10

interface GigabitEthernet0/0.1273
 description Customer2
ip policy route-map Customer2
 encapsulation dot1Q 1273
 xconnect 1.1.1.1 1273 encapsulation mpls

Many Thanks in advance.

Who Me Too'd this topic