Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

SCP IOS Image Upgrades in Prime Infrastructure 2.1 Failing

rowansakul
Level 1
Level 1

Hi I'm running PI 2.1 with all the latest patches and packs but I can't get SCP Image transfers to work.

When I check the suggested logs from the Jobs Dashboard (and jump into the CLI root)  I see the following:
[SWITCH-DEVICE]=Switch Hostname
[SWITCH-ADMIN-LOGIN]=Level 15 username login to Switch, same username the is used in the Device Work Centre
[PRIME-INF-IP]=Prime Infrastructure Server

[SWITCH-DEVICE]#archive download-sw ............... archive download-sw /allow-feature-upgrade  

/overwrite scp://[SWITCH-ADMIN-LOGIN]@[PRIME-INF-IP]//localdisk/tftp/c3560-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar

Password:

Password:

% Authentication failed.

Could not buffer tarfile...using multiple downloads

examining image...

Password:

Password:

% Authentication failed.

%Error opening scp://[SWITCH-ADMIN-LOGIN]@[PRIME-INF-IP]//localdisk/tftp/c3560-ipbaselmk9-tar.122-55.SE9.tar (Permission denied)

%Error opening flash:update/info (No such file or directory)

ERROR: Image is not a valid IOS image archive.

[SWITCH-DEVICE]#

It looks like the switch is trying to log into the PI server and download the software as opposed to PI sending the software to the switch.

I've used WinSCP to open up the URL, but none of the passwords I know or created work.

Do I need to SSH into the PI box and create a new CLI account (or Root CLI account) that matches up to the switch [SWITCH-ADMIN-LOGIN]?

Regards,

Who Me Too'd this topic