cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

How do you completely disable the firewall on the RV130?

phibertron
Level 1
Level 1

How do you completely disable the firewall on the RV130?

In the past on other routers this has been a no brainer, put the router in router mode, and also disable the firewall
I can see no clear way that indicates how to completely disable the firewall on RV130

When one compares the manual for an RV180 and RV320, the RV320 clearly states what working mode does and doesn't do
The RV130 does NOT give one any indication that changing the Operating Mode to router disables the firewall

RV130 Operating Mode:

- Gateway (Recommended) To set the device to act as a gateway.
  Keep this default setting if the device is hosting your network connection to the Internet and is performing routing functions.

- Router (For advanced users only) To set the device to act as a router.
  Select this option if the device is on a network with other routers.
  Enabling the Router mode disables NAT (Network Address Translation) on the device.

RV320 Working Mode:

- Gateway
  Choose this mode if this device is hosting the network connection to the Internet. This is the default setting.

- Router
  Choose this mode if the device is on a network with other routers and another device is the network gateway to the Internet
  or this network is not connected to the Internet.
  In Router mode, Internet connectivity is available to the network devices only if you have another router that functions as the Gateway.
  Since firewall protection is provided by the gateway, disable this device firewall.

in addition, if one looks at the firewall section on the RV130, there is no setting at all to turn it off, like there is on the RV320

Who Me Too'd this topic