cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Jabber UDS Service Discovery problem on CUCM 10.5(2)

cbrasolin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

I've a problem with Jabber about the service discovery. Jabber client resolve correctly the SRV query _cisco-uds._tcp.mydomain.it but it receive from the CUCM a wrong information within the file home-uds-info.xml  located in the folder:

%AppData%\Roaming\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\Config

The file contain only 1 bad UDS url:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><UcmConfigCache fileVersion="1.0"><homeUdsNodes><currentHomeUdsNode version="10.5.2"><![CDATA[https://cucmp:8443/cucm-uds/user/test1]................

CUCM Version is 10.5.2.10000-5 and IM&P is 10.5.2.10000-9, the systems are configured without DNS.

As you can see the url contains only the name of the node and so the client is not able to resolve it, furthermore the link contains only 1 server node while the CUCM cluster have 2 nodes. After adding a DNS server and a domain name on both CUCM and IM&P nodes, the same file contains multiple links with both IP Address and hostname for both the CUCM nodes and so the Jabber client is able to connect.

Is there a way to change the name to IP Address in the CUCM answer? I know that DNS is recommended but it does have not sense to use the hostname in the uds url if the DNS is not configured in the CUCM nodes, while if the DNS is configured the urls contain also the IP Address.

Thanks and Regards,

Christian

Who Me Too'd this topic