cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

RV320K9NA intermittent WAN connectivity issues...

derflatermaus
Level 1
Level 1

We have been having intermittent problems with internet (WAN) connectivity on my wife's small business computer network.  Connectivity will be fine for a day or so, and then we will have a period of poor and frequently interrupted connectivity.  I have our router (a Cisco RV320K9NA) set to send me notifications about problems, and when our internet connection is disrupted, I receive the following notifications from the router:

Mar 28 07:31:11 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD FAIL WAN[1]

Mar 28 07:32:11 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD SUCCESS WAN[1]

Mar 28 07:36:05 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD FAIL WAN[1]

Mar 28 07:39:08 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD SUCCESS WAN[1]

Mar 28 07:39:48 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD FAIL WAN[1]

Mar 28 07:40:58 2015 routeree1df4 Network Log:  NSD SUCCESS WAN[1]

The above is a sample, there are many more notifications of this type in the log.

Our network configuration is as follows:

Our internet provider's cable modem is connected to our router, which is connected to a Netgear ProSafe 24 port switch.  All of our network devices and computers are connected to the switch.

We have tried many things to fix this problem.  Our internet provider (Time Warner) has replaced their cable modem. We have replaced our router.  My wife increased the speed of our network connection based on usage data from the internet provider. I have replaced the ethernet cable between the cable modem and the router.

We have not been able to reproduce the connectivity problem when we directly connect a laptop to the cable modem, so the internet provider has decided that the issue must be internal to our network and/or router, washing their hands of the whole problem.

I'm technically proficient, but I'm no networking technician, so I'm looking for help and suggestions to fix this problem.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions that you can offer.

Who Me Too'd this topic