Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

AnyConnect MSI Update problem

0x000000c
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I am currently trying to deploy an update for the Cisco AnyConnect VPN Client via Microsoft SCCM to Windows 7 / 8.1, that works for some computers.

On certain computers however, the client gets uninstalled and then fails to install (which results in upset users because they realize they can't start the VPN client any more, preferably in situations where they desperately need it...)

Not really sure if I'm at the right place to ask this question, please tell me if I am not.

More technical details:

- The deployment runs as a required install in the system context.

- This is the command I'm using to install the application: msiexec /i "anyconnect-win-3.1.06073-pre-deploy-k9.msi" /norestart /passive /L*V "C:\msi.log" TRANSFORMS=COMPANY.mst

- I'm not manually uninstalling the VPN client first, I let MSI handle the upgrade install.

- The .mst file only creates a desktop shortcut and the .msi file is not modified in any way.

I Attached the whole MSI logfile and hope that someone can see what the problem is. I am suspecting the following lines to be cause for the rollback but I'm not entirely sure what's causing it since the SYSTEM account has full access to the folders.

1. MSI (s) (A8:14) [08:25:33:331]: Note: 1: 1303 2: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Help
  2. MSI (s) (A8:14) [08:25:33:331]: Product: Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client -- Error 1303. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Help.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.
  3. Error 1303. The installer has insufficient privileges to access this directory: C:\ProgramData\Cisco\Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client\Help.  The installation cannot continue.  Log on as administrator or contact your system administrator.

I would appreciate it very much if someone can point me in the right direction here, this is really frustrating. Thanks!

Who Me Too'd this topic