Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

QoS on routed ports for 3850

Nick Cutting
Level 1
Level 1

3850 running IP Services

(CAT3K_CAA-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.03.05SE RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

3850#sh sdm prefer 
Showing SDM Template Info

This is the Advanced (high scale) template.

I have a 6mbit circuit on a 100 meg port.  (Gi1/0/1 on the left in the diargam) The service provider polices this link upstream.

I am trying to shape a routed port for ALL traffic to 6Mbit before it get policed by the provider.

This seems somewhat difficult on a 3850.  I understand that these switches use MQC (like a router) but they certainly do not behave the same way.

Applying to a routed port, when trying to shape the ANY ANY ACL

ip access-list extended ACL_PERMIT_ANY
 permit ip any any

class-map match-any CM_CLASS_MATCH_PERMIT_ANY
 match access-group name ACL_PERMIT_ANY

policy-map PM_SHAPE_6MB
 class CM_CLASS_MATCH_PERMIT_ANY
    shape average 5500000

Config does not take.

In the syslog:

Invalid queuing class-map!!! Queuing actions supported only with dscp/cos/qos-group/precedence based classification!!!

When trying to use a DSCP 0 (i checked this in wireshark) 

class-map match-any CM_CLASS_MATCH_DSCP_0
  match  dscp default

Order of classes in policy name PM_SHAPE_6MB is not consistent with installed policy

When moving the IP address to the SVI, and when applying to SVI:

Only Marking policy action is supported on SVI interface. Policy Rejected

When moving the IP address to the SVI, and when applying to an Access port in the correct VLAN:

Order of classes in policy name PM_SHAPE_6MB is not consistent with installed policy

I don't really want to read this again, It just does not help me.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3850/software/release/3se/qos/configuration_guide/b_qos_3se_3850_cg/b_qos_3se_3850_cg_chapter_011.html

It doesn't mention my error messages, and expects the markings to be done by the phones/applications etc. 99 percent of my traffic is DSCP default. Also I do not want to change DSCP values for for types of traffic that have already been set.

I simply just want to shape ALL traffic outbound on a routed port / SVI to 6Mbits.

Any ideas?

Who Me Too'd this topic