Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Help changing default domain on IM & Presence Server

voip7372
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone successfully changed the 'default domain' (Presence > Settings > Advanced Configuration) on the IM and Presence server?  I followed the directions in the documentation, but no matter what I do, I can't get the page to make the options available to change.  The options I need to change are always grayed out as if I'm not allowed to change it.  I only have one IM and Presence server. 

The list of services the documents say to stop don't match the services I see available on the Serviceability page for the IM and Presence server.  I tried stopping EVERY service on the IM and Presence server, but the options are still grayed out on that page where you change the default domain.  (this is the domain that shows up on your Jabber client as the IM address).  

The docs say to stop the Cisco Sync Agent service, but I don't see that and I don't see a few of the other services it says to stop.  I checked the CUCM servers too in case it was talking about something on the CUCM server (though I think this is only referring to the IM and Presence server) and I didn't see any service named like that on CUCM either. 

Here's the procedure the documentation says to follow, but it's not working for me.

Procedure
Step 1 Stop the following services on all IM and Presence Service nodes in your cluster in the order listed:
• Cisco Client Profile Agent
• Cisco XCP Router
Note When you stop the Cisco XCP Router, all XCP feature service is automatically stopped.
• Cisco Sync Agent
• Cisco SIP Proxy
• Cisco Presence Engine

Step 2 On the IM and Presence Service database publisher node, perform the following steps to configure the new
domain value:
a) Choose Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration > Presence > Settings > Advanced
Configuration.
b) Choose Default Domain.
c) In the Domain Name field, enter the new presence domain and click Save.
A system update can take up to 1 hour to complete. If the update fails, the Re-try button appears. Click
Re-try to reapply the changes or click Cancel.

Step 3 On all nodes in the cluster, manually start all services that had been stopped at the beginning of this procedure.
On every node in the cluster, manually restart any XCP feature services that were previously running.

Who Me Too'd this topic