Did you mean: 
cancel

Who Me Too'd this topic

Posts containing _AND_ rejected

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

It appears that the new security measures implemented on CSC slightly impend its usability. I was just responding to a thread where I needed to explain how the longest prefix match works. I wrote a lengthy explanation, hit the Submit, and within a second, my whole post got rejected and lost with an explanation that I am prevented from posting this message, possibly due to many diverse reasons, one of them being an inappropriate use of SQL language in my post. Needless to say, I was quite annoyed.

After my adrenaline rush from losing an half-hour-long work subsided, I wrote the answer again from scratch, this time preventively copying it to clipboard before posting it, and after it got rejected again, I surmised that the protection is probably tripped by me explaning how binary numbers are ANDed. I used simple expressions in my post like 1 _AND_ 1 = 1 (remove the underscores), and this probably looked like SQL syntax to the protection.

If this is the case then I believe that rather than identifying SQL syntax in posts and rejecting them in their entirety, the posts should better be sanitized so that the SQL syntax is converted into a harmless escaped form.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Peter

Who Me Too'd this topic